Mickey Williams is a decorated combat veteran, U.S. Army Ranger, husband, father, and proven trial lawyer. He first moved to Georgia in 2002 where he graduated from basic training, Airborne School, and the U.S. Army Ranger School at Fort Benning. Following graduation from Ranger School, Mickey went on four deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. He participated in over 100 combat missions including the initial invasion of Iraq and rescue of POW Jessica Lynch, and served closely with Navy Seals, Green Berets, and the U.S. Delta Force. In 2012, Mickey was commissioned an officer in the United States Army JAG Corps and he is now a proud member of the Georgia Bar.
Mickey was recently named to the list of Rising Stars by Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine, a publication by Thomson Reuters. He was also voted as one of the State’s Legal Elite by his peers and Georgia Trend Magazine, and he holds a 10/10 rating from Avvo, one of the legal industry’s most respected attorney rating organizations.. Mickey has served as a guest lecturer at Georgia State’s Law School and has taught classes on cross examination, opening statements, and military administrative separation board proceedings. He is a dedicated advocate for accident victims, active and retired military service members, and those facing criminal charges.
- All Military Courts
- Rated 10/10, Avvo
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- Rising Star Honoree, Georgia Super Lawyers
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D.
- University of Oregon, B.A.
- JAG Corps Qualification & Certification
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- American Legion
- Blue Ridge Bar Association
- Partner, Shewmaker and Shewmaker, LLC
- Partner, Gapasin, Capovilla & Williams, LLP
- Defense Attorney, U.S. Army JAG Corps
- Prosecuting Attorney, U.S. Army